[Ontbirds] Brighton Constructed Wetland

Maureen Lee briscoedog at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 12:26:46 EDT 2009

Greetings: This report comes on behalf of Tiny (Keith Lee)

Oh my goodness!

2007 - One Glossy Ibis

2008 Two Black-necked Stilts and a Trumpeter Swan and our first pair of nesting Osprey.

2009 Our Osprey raise two young and

Two Red-Necked Phalarope (Fred Helleiner) were in the Wetland this morning.
First, this is a lifer for me. What a treat to watch these two magnificent little birds.
They appeared to be as curious of us as we were of them.

Please remember NOT to enter the wetland with Tiny being present or unless Tiny
has made other arrangements for you to do so.

Maureen

The wetland is located exactly 7.02 kilometres from exit 509 onto Highway 30 south
off the eastbound 401.  Just follow the road through Brighton.  The wetland is located
on the right hand side of County Road 64 as you come out of a sweeping bend in the road.