[Ontbirds] Whimbrel - Erieau

Mike Nelson mjn007 at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 30 13:45:20 EDT 2009

Following Blake's directions (repeated below) I searched at Erieau for
the Buff-breasted sandpiper
with no luck.

Instead I found a Whimbrel in the same (presumably) field at about 4pm.

Two Black-crowned Night Herons were accidentally flushed on the bay
(east) side of the trail also.

Mike Nelson
London.

Directions to Erieau (from Blake Mann):  The port of Erieau is located
south of Blenheim.
West out of Blenheim on Talbot Trail (Rd. 3), turn left onto (Erieau Rd.)
Rd. 12 and follow to village.
A bare field between the main road (CK Rd. 12) and the R/R track trail.
This field is viewed from the R/R track trail.

The R/R track trail is on the left, just past the curve going into the
village, opposite McGeachy Pond.