[Ontbirds] Western Sandpiper, Tilbury sewage lagoons

Karl Overman martineoverman at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 11 20:38:06 EDT 2009

On September 11th, today,  Jim Lesser, Robert Epstein and I birded
Point Pelee where we ran into Kevin McLaughlin.  He told us that a
Western Sandpiper was at Tilbury sewage lagoons yesterday.  So we
were off to the Tilbury sewage lagoons which are on the the north
side of 401.  We found and photographed a Western Sandpiper there.
Other birds present included 4 Short-billed Dowitchers, six Stilt
Sandpipers, 4 Baird's Sandpipers, a Wilson's Snipe and a Sora
(seen).  The Baird's Sandpipers were in with other shorebirds in a
dry impoundment.

Cheers,

Karl Overman
Farmington Hills, Michigan