[Ontbirds] Black Vulture Point Petre southern tip of Prince Edward County

Tyler Hoar thoar at rogers.com
Sun Sep 13 19:13:49 EDT 2009

While walking the beach along Soup Harbour ( bay just north of the point)
just after 2pm today I had a Black Vulture pass overhead with 3 Turkey
Vultures heading toward Point Petre military radio facility. When I left the
Point Petre area at 3pm the bird was in a kettle of 12 Turkey Vultures
circling over Army Reserve Road and Point Petre road (county rd 24) area.
With the north wind these TVs may have been migrants, however there are
resident Turkey Vultures here from mid April to mid November.

Directions
 From Picton
 From the LCBO (hwy 33 and county road 10, west end of Picton)Take county
road 10 south through Cherry Valley. Just after leaving Cherry Valley take
county road 24 right/south to where it dead ends at Point Petre. The
military antenna arrays area is  on the east side of the road and the
lighthouse on the west side. Army Reserve Road runs east-west  just north of
the arrays.

Tyler Hoar
Oshawa