[Ontbirds] Update on White Pelican and Black-tailed Gull.

Karl Egressy kegressy at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 30 16:22:35 EDT 2009

Hi Birders,

We spent some time at the beaches of Port Burwell between 9:00 AM and 1:00
PM
without seeing the Black-tailed Gull.
Is war as I know, nobody spotted it Today.
Then we drove over to Wildwood Reservoir and easily spotted the White
Pelican.
It is the best to scan the water from both bridges.

Direction to Wildwood Reservoir as per Peeter Musta:

Wildwood Reservoir is located just north of Harrington, ON.
Coming from the east, I traveled along Maplewood Sdrd and turned north on
31st line to the bridge.
There are extensive mudflats extending between the bridge on 31st line over
to the bridge on 29th line.
The Pelican appears to favor the western edge of this area towards 29th
line.
The shorebirds move about and were seen both east and west of 31st line
bridge.

Good Birding:

Karl and Marienna Egressy