[Ontbirds] Western Kingbird refound near Houghton Centre, Norfolk County

gregor.beck at xplornet.com gregor.beck at xplornet.com
Thu Oct 1 17:15:39 EDT 2009

Matt Timpf and I are currently looking at the Western Kingbird at the site previously reported by Jody Allair. It is actively foraging from powerlines and tall (8') fencing around cattle pasture immediately east of the intersection of Lower Sideroad and 2nd Concession Road. This is about 2km NW of the hamlet of Houghton Centre.

Directions: various routes possible, including taking hwy 59 south from hwy 401 to lakeshore rd. Go west past Houghton Centre to 2nd Conc, then north one road to Lwr Sdrd. Check fencing near cattle pasture.