[Ontbirds] Phainopepla Continues in Brampton

Andrew Don adon14 at cogeco.ca
Thu Nov 12 14:16:35 EST 2009

As others have posted the Phainopepla was being seen quite regularly between 10-11am, we had it on Addington Crescent, Ascot Ave. and for quite the while was eating berries in bushes on Ascot Ct. The bird put on quite the show perching on top of bushes and then a spruce tree before we decided had watched it enough, hope it sticks around for anyone who has to work during the weekdays.

Directions (Courtesy of Frank Pinilla):

>From the intersection of Dixie Road & Steeles Avenue in Brampton, go north
on Dixie to Birchbank Rd, turn right here to the stop sign where you turn
left on Avondale Blvd, Addington Crescent is the 4th street on the right,
turn here and park either here or on Ascot Ave or Aberdeen Cres.

Photos of the bird can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew-don/

Happy Birding and hope more rarities are waiting to be found

Andrew Don