[Ontbirds] New migrants, Etobicoke

Mark scarbropengyou at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 28 16:25:56 EDT 2010

I do a weekly census of Pine Point Park, Resources Road Ravine and some adjacent areas. At this time of year, this takes about 3 hours. New arrivals noted this weekend are 2 Double-crested Cormorants, 7 Golden-crowned Kinglets, and 1 Northern Flicker. American Tree Sparrows, which I first noticed in higher numbers 2 weeks ago, continue to be present in elevated numbers. The migration of Common Crows, evident on the Feb. 28 and March 6 weekends, has not been apparent since. Pine Point Park and Resources Road Ravine are on the west bank of the Humber River, north and south of Hwy 401 respectively.

Mark Kubisz,
Toronto, ON