[Ontbirds] Summer Tanager in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

robert.knudsen robert.knudsen at shaw.ca
Tue May 4 10:24:08 EDT 2010

Hi All,

At around 8:30am I saw a male summer tanager behind the apartment building
where I live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario. It was almost in full breeding
plumage except for green under tail coverts, yellow/green wings with a
splash of red in both areas. It was feeding on insects up near the tops of
the trembling aspen. While trying to photograph him, it flew away and I did
not see where it went. I have tried for the past couple of hours to
re-locate and failed.

I will post if I see again.

To get here; From Trunk Rd. in the east end of Sault Ste. Marie, drive south
on Dacey Rd. Turn left on Terry Fox Place to 23 Terry Fox Place which is the
furthest apartment building to the southeast. The bird was in the trembling
aspen at the southeast corner of the parking lot.

Cheers

Bob Knudsen