[Ontbirds] Black-bellied and American Golden Plovers at Hillman Marsh

Todd Pepper tandjpepper at cogeco.ca
Wed May 26 14:28:01 EDT 2010

Just after 1 p.m. today I encountered a large mixed flock of Black-bellied
and American Golden Plovers in a farm field at the south-west corner of
County Road 20 (Seacliff Drive) and County Road 19 south of Hillman Marsh.
The flock is best seen from County Road 19. I counted 437 birds with the
majority being breeding plumage Black-belled, a dozen or so Black-bellied
still in winter plumage, and approximately 3 dozen American Golden Plover.

Hillman Marsh is located at County Roads 19 and 37 half way between Wheatley
and Leamington, and north of Point Pelee National Park.

Todd Pepper

Leamington, Ontario

tandjpepper at cogeco.ca

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin"

 William Shakespeare