[Ontbirds] Huron Fringe Birding Festival - MacGregor Park, Port Elgin

mike pickup mpickup at bmts.com
Mon May 31 16:04:21 EDT 2010

            The first weekend of the Huron Fringe Birding Festival has come
to a close under perfect weather. With sunny, warm and hot days participants
were treated to lots of birds. The festival celebrates the return of our
neotropical songbirds and is great for all naturalists. Over 150 bird
species and 17 butterfly species were seen over the first four days.
Highlights include 19 warbler species, 10 sparrow species, Red-shouldered
Hawk, Ruddy Turnstone, Black-billed Cuckoo, Chimney Swift in Southampton,
Red-headed Woodpecker, Yellow-throated Vireo and a Philadelphia Vireo.
Our events include Bird Hikes, Wildflower Hikes, Butterfly Hikes, Tree ID
workshops, Bird ID workshops, Photography workshops and Tours to Chantry
Island.
There are still openings for next weekend, please check the Friends of
MacGregor Park website for availability of events or call the Park at
519-389-6231 or 6232    www.friendsofmacgregor.org

MacGregor Point Park is located approx. 4kms south of Port Elgin off, Bruce
County Rd. #33

Yours in Birding
Mike Pickup
Program chair HFBF