[Ontbirds] NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD HIGHLAND WOODS LONDON

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 22:40:17 EDT 2010

Spotted one today. First in months.

They have bred here before, but only once that I can confirm. My last sighting was months ago when one of the locals was taken by a Cooper's Hawk.

These birds are pioneers in the area, and while they may be  more common in the areas in and around the golden horseshoe, they are quite rare in middlesex county, so I think it a notable sighting.

Butterflies for the day were Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Meadow Fritillary, Red Admiral.

Highland Woods is located in South London. For directions, message me privately.

LEn