[Ontbirds] Sharp-tailed Sparrow - Toronto Islands - Wed Jun 2

fpinilla15 at gmail.com fpinilla15 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:59:10 EDT 2010

Birders,

Norm Murr (the Black Vulture attractor - I say this not only because of his
report yesterday, but my only BLVU in Ontario was with Norm, amongst the
several others he's had!) just called me from the Toronto Islands to say
that he is looking at a Sharp-tailed Sparrow (10:40am). The bird is just
past the south end of the Island airport fence near a wicker gate (on the
other side of the field past the fence) - this is opposite a tennis court -
the bird is right near this wicker gate.

Good luck if you go - quite a rarity in spring!

Cheers & good birding,
Frank

DIRECTIONS:
Toronto Islands can be reached from the foot of Bay Street in downtown
Toronto. Take the Hanlan's Point ferry which drops you near the airport,
take the trail, walking south along the fenceline of the airport, when you
reach the end of the fence, look for the wicker gate.