[Ontbirds] First south bound shorebirds - Tilbury.

Josh Vandermeulen josh_v_17 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:18:40 EDT 2010

While not rare birds, I thought I would quickly mention that I had what I presumed to be south bound shorebirds today at Tilbury. 2 molting adult Lesser Yellowlegs, 2 mostly alternate plumaged Least Sandpipers, 1 molting adult Semipalmated Sandpiper, among the usual Killdeer and Spotted Sandpipers. Hopefully something good will show up soon - I'm holding out for a Ruff. Also, many Great Egrets, 2 Common Terns, and 1 Caspian Tern were present at the lagoons.

Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen