[Ontbirds] Scissor-tailed flycatcher

Karl Egressy kegressy at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 4 16:25:20 EDT 2010

Hi All,

We were told that the bird is usually seen in the afternoon, when we arrived
at shortly after 8:00 AM.
However, it came into view in a short time after being chased by Red-winged
Blackbirds and landed on the utility wire.
It stayed there until a Northern Harrier crossed the road.
Later on it came back and was hunting from the utility wire.
Also, a family of four Sandhill Cranes were present, across the field.
Direction as per previously posted.

"Directions (from the east):
Travel west on Rd 109 from Orangeville.  Turn north on Reg Rd 25.
Turn west on County Rd 15 (aka Conc. 11).  Stop approx 500 m west of
Sd Rd 21/22 on County Rd 15."

Good birding.
Karl and Marienna Egressy