[Ontbirds] August 5 Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

kevin.shackleton at rogers.com kevin.shackleton at rogers.com
Fri Aug 6 08:04:00 EDT 2010

August 5, 2010 8:20 p.m.
The Scissor-tailed Flycatcher appeared at the top of the tallest spruce tree immediately west of the Monticello Wetland sign.  Made aware of what it would sound like by a birder from Kingston, I heard what I thought might be a flycatcher calling and began pishing.  Within minutes the bird flew into view and perched at the top of the tallest of a grove of spruce trees.  It remained there for at least 10 minutes.  I left at 8:30 p.m.
Kevin Shackleton

"Directions (from the east):

Travel west on Rd 109 from Orangeville.  Turn north on Reg Rd 25.
Turn west on County Rd 15 (aka Conc. 11).  Stop approx 500 m west of
Sd Rd 21/22 on County Rd 15."