[Ontbirds] White Crowned Sparrows, Northern Shrike, Cedar Waxwings at Aylmer WMA

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 20:54:11 EST 2011

Ontbirders,

On January 10th, Valerie Brennan, Mike Channon and I spotted 3 WHITE CROWNED SPARROWS and a NORTHERN SHRIKE at the Aylmer Wildlife Managemant Area.

Today, Ben Vaughan and I spotted 2 WHITE CROWNED SPARROWS there, as well as 9 CEDAR WAXWINGS. Other birds in the area today were SNOW BUNTING and HORNED LARK, as well as AMERICAN TREE SPARROW.

The CEDAR WAXWINGS, NORTHERN SHRIKE, and WHITE CROWNED SPARROWS are wintering here so anyone in the area and interested in these bird should check the area.

Aylmer WMA is located in Aylmer, Ontario.
>From  Hwy  401  drive south on Elgin / Imperial Rd / Hwy 73 to College
   Line.  Turn left /east on College Line. Turn right / south on Hacienda
   Line.  Turn  left  / east into the WMA.

Cheers

Leonard Manning