[Ontbirds] VARIED THRUSH, WATERLOO REGION- YES

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:51:54 EST 2011

Ontbirders,

Ben Vaughan and I took the trip from London today to look for the recently reported VARIED THRUSH, at the home of Elmer and Bev Ewert, at 3218 Weimar Line.
We arrived on scene at approximately 1:30 PM, and the bird showed at around 2:05 PM, giving great views. It is coming to the feeding station about once an hour or so.  Thanks so much to the Ewerts for allowing us to view this bird.

Directions for the Varied Thrush:
exit the 401 at Hwy 8 north, take Hwy 85 north, towards
Waterloo about 12km. Exit Northfield Road, and go west.
Following Northfield, turn right (north) onto Weber street.
Take Weber st. about a km and turn left onto Benjamin Road.
Take Benjamin all the way to Kressler Road (~5km).
At Kressler, turn left and take this to the first road (about 2km),
which is Weimar Line. Turn right onto Weimar and the house is the
 3rd on the left #3218.

The bird is coming mostly out front of the house, to scattered seed and berries under a stunted spruce.
View the bird from the driveway.

Cheers

Leonard Manning
London, Ontario