[Ontbirds] Varied Thrush - Waterloo Region - Yes

John Stirrat john.stirrat at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 4 17:00:57 EST 2011

Janice Melendez, Heather Jessop, Doug Lockrey and I saw the Varied Thrush
about 11:30 today.

Be prepared to wait. We saw it well for a few minutes but it did not return
over the next ½ hour.

We were told by the homeowner (Elmer Ewart) that the bird usually waits
until the Blue Jays come in before it arrives under the large evergreen on
the right.

Directions from Ken Burrell’s post:

Exit the 401 at Hwy 8 north, take Hwy 85 north, towards Waterloo about 12km.
Exit Northfield Road, and go west. Following Northfield, turn right (north)
onto Weber street. Take Weber St. about a km and turn left onto Benjamin
Road. Take Benjamin all the way to Kressler Road (~5km). At Kressler, turn
left and take this to the first road (about 2km), which is Weimar Line. Turn
right onto Weimar and the house is the 3rd on the left #3218.

John Stirrat

Scarborough