[Ontbirds] Glaucous Gull - Etobicoke

BP Bailey b.p.bailey at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 5 14:43:09 EST 2011

After birding Humber Bay this morning I stopped at Amos Waites park and
found a second year Glaucous Gull on the ice just off shore from Amos
Waites Park.  I saw it first at about 11:30 and it was still there an
hour later.  It could also be viewed from the western most headland of
Humber Bay Park West.

Amos Waites Park is on the south side of Lake Shore Blvd W at Mimico
Ave. in Toronto (43.612662, -79.48641)

There was a typical assortment of winter waterfowl at Humber Bay Park
East plus a male Northern Pintail and two Ruddy Ducks.  Most waterfowl
were close to shore.  There were 6 American Wigeon at Amos Waites Park.

Brian Bailey
Toronto