[Ontbirds] Varied Thrush still near Bamberg in Waterloo Region

Michael J. Holden mholden0836 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 6 17:21:54 EST 2011

Today, Sunday 06FE11, my wife and I ventured to Elmer Ewart's place in hopes
of seeing the Varied Thrush.
Mr. Ewart was kind enough to provide some hints for success and we were
rewarded within half of an hour.
The bird is consistently coming to scattered seeds and berries under a
spruce at the front of the house.
View the bird from the driveway.
Hopefully, this bird shall continue to survive our winter and entertain us.

Directions, from Ken Burrell’s post:

Exit the 401 at Hwy 8 north, take Hwy 85 north, towards Waterloo about 12km.
Exit Northfield Road, and go west. Following Northfield, turn right (north)
onto Weber street. Take Weber St. about a km and turn left onto Benjamin
Road. Take Benjamin all the way to Kressler Road (~5km). At Kressler, turn
left and take this to the first road (about 2km), which is Weimar Line. Turn
right onto Weimar and the house is the 3rd on the left #3218.

Good birding.
Michael J. Holden, Cambridge