[Ontbirds] Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program - call for volunteers

Kathy Jones volunteer at birdscanada.org
Mon Feb 14 15:16:26 EST 2011

Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program - call for volunteers

Volunteers are needed this Spring to play an important part in the Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program.  The Marsh Monitoring Program provides long-term monitoring of marsh birds and anurans (frogs and toads) in marshes throughout the Great Lakes basin. Data collected is used to monitor the health of the Great Lakes and its marshes.    Materials will be mailed out to participants in early March so if you are interested, please contact Kathy Jones at volunteer at birdscanada.org<mailto:volunteer at birdscanada.org>. You may view a map of available marsh monitoring routes at http://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapid=127234.  When reviewing the map, click on the dot to learn if the marsh is available for birds, amphibians or both ( if not text the route has been assigned).

For more information on the Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program visit www.birdscanada.org/volunteer/glmmp<http://www.birdscanada.org/volunteer/glmmp>.

Sincerely,
Kathy Jones
Ontario Volunteer Coordinator

(Canadian Lakes Loon Survey)

Bird Studies Canada
P.O. Box 160, Port Rowan ON   N0E 1M0
Toll Free: 1-888-448-2473 ext. 124  Fax: 1-519-586-3532
E-mail: volunteer at birdscanada.org<mailto:volunteer at birdscanada.org>

Web Page: www.birdscanada.org<http://www.birdscanada.org>

Understand  Appreciate  Conserve

See Avian Conservation and Ecology http://www.ace-eco.org/ for a special features on Aerial Insectivores

>From time to time, BSC may send you information regarding our programs, special issues, membership, and other correspondence. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact us by mail at the address above or e-mail rkirton at bsc-eoc.org<mailto:rkirton at bsc-eoc.org>. Thank you.
Au cours de l'année, Études d'Oiseaux Canada envoie de la documentation concernant ses programmes, ses activités ou autres. Si vous désirez ne pas recevoir cette information, faites-nous parvenir un message par la poste ou par courrier électronique à rkirton at bsc-eoc.org<mailto:rkirton at bsc-eoc.org>.