[Ontbirds] Bald Eagles at Peche Island - Windsor

Janet Boufford janet_boufford at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 16 08:07:09 EST 2011

Yesterday I counted 31 Bald Eagles (adults and juveniles), 30 on the ice and 1 in the air, just to the right of Peche Island in the Detroit River. These are the same birds reported by Paul Pratt last week. Also many Canvasback, Redhead, Common Goldeneye, Scaup and Common Merganser were feeding on Shad.

I tried viewing the birds from Lakeview Marina on Riverside Drive but could not see much from this area, so I went 1 km west to Ganatchi Trail Beach and the viewing was great.

Good Birding

Janet