[Ontbirds] Male Pine Warbler, Orillia

SHIRLEY DONALD sfdonald at rogers.com
Thu Feb 24 17:46:11 EST 2011

Hello all
I have had a male pine warbler coming to my feeders since late November.  I have hesitated to post it,
 as he just flits in for few minutes and I didn't want people driving all this way for nothing.  He comes early am, late afternoon, and then every couple of hours at least, but no very regular pattern.
Directions:  We
 live just a few minutes west of Orillia.  Take highway 11 north of Barrie.  Near/in Orillia take the Coldwater Rd exit and turn left.  There will be a Highwayman Inn on the corner at that exit.
 Continue west on Coldwater Rd.  You will pass a Toyota dealer on the right.  Just past Toyota is a Mcarthur tire dealer.  Just past the tire place turn left on Sunset, left on Orsi, left on Hepinstall.  We are the second house on the left, 4 Hepinstall Place, 7053290428.
Please park on the right in the driveway.  He feeds on the ground near the front door and also from suet feeders in the back yard.  Please fell free to ring the doorbell, so I can keep a lookout for him for you as well.
 I've also had a female E. towhee all winter who feeds at the front, and right now I have 50-60 redpolls, as well as the usual winter birds.
Cheers,
Shirley