[Ontbirds] Ross's Geese - Ajax

Geoff - Birds avocet at rogers.com
Wed Mar 9 10:50:19 EST 2011

The Ross's Geese have moved to the Annandale Golf Course and seem to be happily settled in feeding with about 200 Canadas on the grass by the driving range. This is the second record for Ajax.

Craig McLauchlan refound thes birds and called me and I was fortunate to see them about 20 minutes ago. For some photos I took of them follow this link ... https://picasaweb.google.com/Avocetnatureservices/RossSGooseAjaxMarch2011

>From 401 exit Brock Rd. in Pickering and go south to Bayly and then east to Church then north for about 300 meters to the Annandale Golf Course. I asked and received permission for birders to park in their parking lot and to walk out onto the driving range. From the lot, walk south to the end of the parking lot and then angle southeast across the top of the slope above the driving range. The birds are sitting on the grass below (east) of you. They are a bit skittish so pls don't approach too closely. Pls respect this private property.

thx

Geoff Carpentier
www.avocetnatureservices.com