[Ontbirds] Ross's x Snow Goose in Fergus

Rick Brown brown.jay at sympatico.ca
Thu May 5 13:00:25 EDT 2011

The Ross's x Snow Goose has been feeding at the north end of the Nexans pond (670 Gzowski Street) all day today as well as all of yesterday afternoon where it is getting harassed by the nesting Canada Geese.

Directions

Take #6 highway north through Fergus, past the beer store (good land mark) and turn right (last street) on Gordon Street heading east.  The first street on the right is Gzowski and the Nexans plant is on the left with a pond in front.  The bird feeds on the north-west corner of the property.  The plowed field is at the very end of Gzowski Street, north of Gordon.

Good Luck

Rick
  Last evening and again this evening (sorry for late post but just got home) there was a Ross's x Snow Goose on the Nexans property 670 Gzowski Street, Fergus.  The bird showed up last evening around 6:00pm and stayed for about half an hour as it gets harassed by the nesting Canada Geese and then flew and not relocated.  As I left the office at 4:30pm today it was again at the north-west corner of the property feeding and being chased by the Canada Geese staying until 5:00pm when it again flew.  It took a while for me to relocate the goose as it flew west with me in hot pursuit not seeing that it turned and flew north, landed in the plowed field at the very northern end of Gzowski Street.  It might make another appearance tomorrow.

  I have photos on my Flickr site

  Directions

  Take #6 highway north through Fergus, past the beer store (good land mark) and turn right (last street) on Gordon Street heading east.  The first street on the right is Gzowski and the Nexans plant is on the left with a pond in front.  The bird feeds on the north-west corner of the property.  The plowed field is at the very end of Gzowski Street, north of Gordon.

  Good luck!

  Cheers

  Kim & Rick Brown

  rickspics1952 at yahoo.ca