[Ontbirds] Ontbirds Posting Guidelines

Mark Cranford [Ontbirds] ontbirds_coord at rogers.com
Wed May 18 05:41:34 EDT 2011

Birders

Across the province birds are actively migrating and being observed in a
variety of different situations.  This is an exciting time of year to be
out and reporting from the field.

Please remember we have 2700 subscribers, Ontbirds can be most effective
mailing list if reporters follow posting guidelines.   I would like to
remind everyone of that our posting guidelines can be read at
http://www.ofo.ca/information/ontbirdsguide.php

Ontbirds is primarily intended to alert birders of provincially rare and
unusual birds.  Keep your reports brief and to the point. Reports should
focus on highlights (one or two key species) and should not list all
birds seen.  Additional information outside of the highlights could be
submitted to a local compiler who track reports in detail.

We are interested in less regularly birded areas but Ontbirds is not
looking for regular reports of expected birds. Ontbird is also not
intended to be vehicle for photographers to showcase their photos and
promote websites.

If reporters focus on birds that are of provincial interest to active
birders the list should continue to thrive and remain a service of great
utility to birders across the province.

--

Mark Cranford
ONTBIRDS Coordinator