[Ontbirds] Common Moorhen - Scarborough backyard

walter006 at sympatico.ca walter006 at sympatico.ca
Fri May 20 09:06:49 EDT 2011

After almost 30 years of having a small waterfall/pond in the backyard it finally paid off this morning with the sighting of a Common Moorhen walking about.  What a strange bird to have in the yard here in southern Scarborough.  Unfortunately the bird seems to have moved on as I haven't seen it in approx. 30 minutes.

I live in the Kingston Road/Midland Avenue area and will repost with directions if the bird is spotted again.

Walter Fisher
Scarborough