[Ontbirds] Fish Crow - Point Pelee National Park

Sarah.Rupert at pc.gc.ca Sarah.Rupert at pc.gc.ca
Wed May 25 11:49:53 EDT 2011

Hi All

I arrived at the Visitor Centre this morning, to be greeted by the call of
a Fish Crow.  The bird was first found by Mike Nelson.  It was calling
from one of the tall trees in the transit loop and was also seen sitting
on the satellite tower at the rear of the Visitor Centre.

There haven't been as many birders in the park this week, but the
highlights from the last few days are

Whimbrel (1) and Nelson's Gull at the Tip yesterday morning - Josh
Vandermuelen and I found them.  We also had an Acadian Flycatcher leaving
the Tip in the morning.

Mississippi Kite (1) was reported from the Tip yesterday afternoon - no
details have been provided.

Mourning Warbler was noted this morning and Blackpolls are widespread
throughout the park.  Many resident warblers have taken up territory, but
there are still lingering migrants.  The foliage is close to full leaf out
- so seeing birds is getting much tougher, I did hear Black-throated blue,
Northern Parula and Blackburnian yesterday in my travels.

It's the time of year to keep your ears open!

Good Birding everyone!
Sarah

Sarah Rupert
Intepretation Coordinator | Coordinatrice d'interprétation
Parks Canada Agency | Agence Parcs Canada
Point Pelee National Park | Parc national de la Pointe-Pelée
407 Monarch Lane, Leamington ON N8H 3V4 | 407 rue Monarch, Leamington ON
N8H 3V4
Sarah.Rupert at pc.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 519.322.5700 ext | poste 223

100 years, Come Celebrate! | 100 ans, Soyez de la fête!
www.pc.gc.ca