[Ontbirds] RE Grand Bend Titmouse

gphillips at istar.ca gphillips at istar.ca
Sat May 28 19:05:30 EDT 2011

Opps, apparently Tufted Titmouse is a VERY common bird in the Grand
Bend area. I've not come across any (yet) surveying woodlands in
agricultural areas about 20kilomiters inland from the Lake in the
Bluewater area. I was misinformed by a fellow surveyor who believed
the species was unusual away from Pinery. Neither of us have our ONT
Breeding Atlas at hand.

My thanks to Dave Martin, who broke the decades old news very gently.

I'll cherish the recording nonetheless, any excuse for one!
Gerard Phillips