[Ontbirds] Black Scoter & Hooded Warbler at Col. Sam. Smith Park, Etobicoke

waynerenaud1951 at aol.com waynerenaud1951 at aol.com
Sun May 29 20:05:46 EDT 2011

During Whimbrel watch we had two flocks of Black Scoters (4 and 2) and 3 flocks of White-winged Scoter (8;6; 30)[observers: Don Barnett; Kevin Seymour; Greg Stuart and me). The moult migration of Canada Geese has started, with flocks of 14, 60 and 80. Also found a male Hooded Warbler and 2 Canada Warblers (3 Wilson's and 4 Blackpoll) in the woods behind the old power plant (just north of park parking lot).

Directions: south on Kipling to Lakeshore Boulevard West; south on Col. Samuel Smith Drive to parking lot at end.

Wayne Renaud (289-828-0043)