[Ontbirds] Toronto - Whimbrel Watch - Col. Samuel Smith Park, Toronto - 29 May 2011

waynerenaud1951 at aol.com waynerenaud1951 at aol.com
Sun May 29 21:42:19 EDT 2011

In 10 hrs. of continuous observations we observed a total of 16 Whimbrel at Col. Samuel Smith Park in Toronto today, May 29. This brings our year to date total to 2610 birds. Heavy lake fog continued for a large part of today's watch.  Monday will be closing day.
Past and present tracking of
Whimbrels with satellite transmitters can be accessed at 'http://www.seaturtle.org/tracking/?project_id=369'.

Directions: Col.  Sam Smith Park is located at the south end of Kipling Avenue,
below Lakeshore Road. The Park is an artificial land-fill immediately south of the
Humber College campus.  Parking free of charge is at Student's Parking Lot at
the south end of the Park.

The Toronto Ornithological Club is again co-operating with the Center for
Conservation Biology at the College of William and Mary/Virginia Commonwealth
University, in monitoring the Whimbrel migration observed during the period of
May 19 to May 30 at Col. Sam Smith Park in Toronto. Daily observations are
conducted during that time period at the South Peninsula of the Park at
co-ordinate location 17624795E and 4833443N.

Wayne Renaud (289-828-0043)