[Ontbirds] Blenheim Lagoons--Lost / Found Field Guide

Irene Woods iwoods2 at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 17 13:44:12 EDT 2011

Posted with permission from Mark C.

Past visitors to Blenheim lagoons:  After being  side-lined from birding
for a long 6 weeks, I was once again able to visit the lagoons yesterday.
It was a joy to see the birds who are raising their young families there.
Nothing unexpected, but it appears that the Spotted S.P. has nested as well.

Lots of butterflies, dragonflies, & wild flowers.
Water levels are still high, as are the grasses around the ponds.

A good quality field guide was found in the listing box.
It contains the names "Rebecca & Ginny Pearce".
If any reader knows these ladies, would you please see that they
get this email ?   I will happily make arrangements for it's return,
perhaps after the "Mail Strike" !!  Email direct to me :  iwoods2 at cogeco.ca

THE LOCK on the gate :   I was dismayed that the last visitor left
the gate unlocked.  Please: It must be kept locked at all times.
At present, when the lock is not used on a daily basis, it can
sometimes be a bit obstinate !  One only needs to hold the lock
in the "locked" position, and spin the numbers a time or two.
Please take the time to do this--thank you.

Irene Woods
Chatham-Kent
iwoods2 at cogeco.ca