[Ontbirds] Glossy Ibis - Cornwall

Anne Anthony anthony at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 2 19:20:15 EDT 2011

The Glossy Ibis was still present this afternoon.

Note: When we started walking the trail we were stopped by a railroad crew and informed that there would be no access to this area next week (for about one week) as they will be tearing up the tracks.

Anne Anthony
Peterborough

Directions:

  To get to this area from the west, take highway 401 and exit at Power Dam Dr.
( You can't exit Power Dam Dr. coming from the east.) Go south to the old
Highway #2 which is now called Vincent Massey Dr. At the stoplight turn right
(west) and drive approximately 1 mile to Richmond Dr. Go north on Richmond Dr.
and take a sharp left. At the bottom of the hill, is a walking path up to the
abandoned spur line. If you cross the railroad you have gone too far. Walk
along the small path (over the huge rail track) to the tracks. Once you reach
the spur line turn left and walk the tracks to the marsh area. Please stay on
the tracks for your observations. The ibis has been in various locations on the
west side of the tracks.
  Coming from the east, exit the 401 at Brookdale Ave. Go south over the 401
until you come to the first stoplight. Turn right on Tollgate Rd. Follow
Tollgate Rd. until you come to Vincent Massey Dr. Turn right (west) and proceed
to Richmond Dr. approximately 2 kilometers.