[Ontbirds] unusual gull -Leamington

penny horne khorne at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 5 09:46:48 EDT 2011

Yesterday afternoon I took my grandchildren to Seacliff Park where we saw a very dark gray gull with a speckled back. The tip of its beak had orange on it,typical of a gull but it had a larger wing span than the other gulls. We did not have binoculars and when they tried to get close it flew away. The wing shape using Crossley's Bird Guide  tends to be between a skimmer, Jaeger. If anyone can tell me about it... the kids are anxious to hear and have poured through the bird guide looking for answers.