[Ontbirds] Chukar on Eglinton Ave., Toronto

G B SKIP SHAND skip.shand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:34:36 EDT 2011

Slow birding, so maybe folks will forgive: this afternoon, on Eglinton
Ave. between Old Forest Hill and Vesta, there was a Chukar foraging in
the flowerbeds and hedges. Obviously an escapee, possibly from a roof
garden atop one of the adjacent apartments . . . maybe spooked by a
raptor into taking flight/free fall. When it fled from a deliveryman
into hiding in some hedging I lost it, and didn't see it again.

If you're desperate for pictorial evidence, email me off-list and I'll
oblige.

Cheers,

Skip

Sent from my iPhone