[Ontbirds] COMMON TERN, Pond Mills, London, November 7th

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:05:51 EST 2011

Ontbirders,

Val Brennan and I just got in from a trip to Pond Mills ESA, located in south east London.
We observed a COMMON TERN flying around the large north pond upon our arrival. The bird was making its way south and to the east.
Any Tern in Middlesex County is a quality sighting, and this bird is very, very late. PIED-BILLED GREBES were the only other birds on the menu at this location.

The North Pond can be reached off of Pond Mills Road, north of Bradley Avenue. Park in the lot, and head north along the trail to get to the pond.

Best,

Len Manning
London, ON