[Ontbirds] Black-throated Gray Warbler, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers - Bayfront Park

Josh Vandermeulen joshvandermeulen at live.ca
Tue Dec 20 13:43:03 EST 2011

Around noon the Black-throated Gray Warbler was seen in some cedars on the south side of the waterfront trail near the "4k" mark by some benches.

As well, I located 2 gnatcatchers - one near the portapotty and the other about 200-300 meters from the parking lot at Bayfront, between 1:00 and 1:30 PM.

Despite walking the entire area thoroughly several times today, I couldn't find any of the other rarities. Most birders I ran into were unsuccessful this morning however in the last several hours birds are becoming more active.

Bayfront Park is located at the end of Bay Street on the southwest side of Hamilton harbour.

I obtained reasonable images of both species which I'll post on my blog tonight.
Good birding,
Josh Vandermeulen
joshvandermeulen.blogspot.com