[Ontbirds] last known location of Great Grey Owl

Leon Barlow barlowart at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 31 18:29:26 EST 2011

  We observed the Great Grey Owl sitting on a tree limb about 100 feet south of the 2nd concession road, about 1/4 mile east of the McCain side road.  We then drove west and then south on the McCain. As we were driving south on the McCain, we observed the owl parallelling the car and landing on a hydro line about 1/4 south of the Trinity United Church.  Since the sun had just set, this was probably the last observation of this owl for today, Dec. 31.

Leon A. Barlow