[Ontbirds] Black-throated Gray

burtonian burtonian at teksavvy.com
Sat Dec 31 23:07:53 EST 2011

Today at the Hamilton Waterfront Trail we found the Black-throated Gray Warbler around noon after looking for nearly 2 hours and with a lot of observers looking. It was just before the metal bridge. This is beyond the 1600m mark by perhaps another 300m (guess). It was accompanied by the Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher, Golden-Crowned Kinglet and a small number of Chickadees. Prior to this observation, I saw a solo Yellow-Rumped Warbler, a Hooded Merganser and 3 Mockingbirds (one sighting may have been the same bird), a Junco, and 2 shews fighting at which time one shew was evicted from the burrow! I also heard a Brown Creeper several times.

Dan Burton
Gravenhurst

Directions: Take QEW Hamilton to Burlington Street and go west to James and south to Strachan which leads to Bayfront Park parking lot. Follow the trail running adjacent to the rail yard. Distances are painted on the asphalt.