[Ontbirds] apology - no Red-breasted Mergansers (Windsor)

kelly.morrissey at cogeco.ca kelly.morrissey at cogeco.ca
Thu Jan 5 16:33:02 EST 2012

It is with great humiliation that I confess to the careless error of announcing Red-breasted Mergansers where there were
none. I was confused by the sub-adult plumage of the Common Merganser, a beginner's error to which I should not have
succumbed. I will be much more conscientious in the future and hope that any whom I mislead will accept my apologies.

In today's survey of the sky and waters around Lakeview Park Marina and Peche Island, I observed a few Redheads and
Canvasback and a single Great Blue Heron in addition to the species already reported: Common Goldeneye, Bufflehead,
Common Merganser is great numbers, two or so Hooded Merganser, Mute Swan, BALD EAGLE, Bonaparte's Gull (yes, again). I
did not observe the very vocal American Coot that was associating with a small group of Mallards yesterday.

Kelly Morrissey, Windsor
kelly.morrissey at cogeco.ca