[Ontbirds] Wilson's warbler/black crowned night herons-bay front park, Hamilton, , jan 5th

Krista Mandula kristakay512 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:41:24 EST 2012

Today at Bayfront park, Leonard Manning,Gordon Saunders and I had several quality winter birds.

The best bird was a Wilson's warbler near marker 1200.

We also had 2 black crowned night herons at the beginning of the trail.

Other quality species included:
5 northern mockingbirds,
3 yellow rumped warblers,
4 gadwall,
1 common loon

At grays road we noted both surf and black scoter.

We also saw an adult Bald Eagle, a raft of over 200 ruddy ducks, black gull, and over 400 common mergansers at the Bayfront Park.

Diagnostic photos were taken of almost all 51 species present today.

What a beautiful day

Thank you,

Krista Mandula

Sent from my iPhone