[Ontbirds] SNOWY OWL seen at Port Weller area.

Mike from Niagara birdz at mergetel.com
Sat Jan 7 14:13:58 EST 2012

Earlier I noted a kill on the end of the facing pier beside the other lighthouse. It was a duck with red feet possibly a merganser. I immediately thought of the snowy owl which had been seen a few days back.

The snowy owl was then spotted on the end of the WEST pier of the Welland Ship Canal. It was sitting in the open on the paves surface not too far south of the lighthouse.

Mike North St. Catharines

I can provide a photo but the distance was too great for just 8X closer...