[Ontbirds] King Eider - Port Weller

Robert Maciver robert.maciver at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:37:46 EST 2012

To all,

Hannah Maciver & I observed the adult male King Eider at Port Weller today
at approximately 11:00 a.m. We came prepared to hike out to the end of the
canal but that was unnecessary as the bird was visible through the fence
from the parking lot and from the adjacent shipyard.

Even with my mediocre photography skills you can see this is a very
handsome duck:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114879448663969001114/FieldOfView?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6ItY650IS_ew#5695017577831622498

Thank you to the original finder and for subsequent updates from various
people.

Regards,

Robert Maciver

Directions:

>From Hamilton take the QEW towards Niagara. Take exit 47 and turn left onto
Ontario St. Follow Ontario St. until it veers right and becomes Lakeshore
Rd. Travel on Lakeshore Rd. until you cross the bridge over the Welland
Canal and turn left on Seaway Haulage Rd. Follow Seaway Haulage Rd. to its
terminus. The King Eider was in the Canal to your left.