[Ontbirds] Golden and Bald Eagles- Bohemian Waxwings [Eardley]

Brian Young brian-young at storm.ca
Sun Jan 8 16:29:49 EST 2012

Hello,

Lise and I birded the Eardley area this afternoon, approx. 20 minutes west
of Aylmer. Birding was at its best. We had about 100 Snow Bunting near
Westbrook and Steele Rd. Midway on Steele Rd. we observe and photographed

a mature Golden Eagle, which was feeding on a freshly killed Wild Turkey. On
Hickey Rd., north of Steele Rd. and Lac du Loupe, in an area of 1km, we seen
over 100 Wild Turkeys feeding in harvested corn fields. We had the enjoyment
of lessoning to one tom, that was near to the car, repeatedly doing the
rattle box sounding call. Back on Lac du Loupe, near Hwy 8, we had twenty
some Bohemian Waxwing perched in a tree. On our second trip down the Steel
Rd., there was a mature Bald Eagle perched in a tree near the road, which
was good enough to fly right across the road in front of the car.

Cheers,

Brian Young

CCNAB  at http://www.birds-of-north-america.net