[Ontbirds] Finches invade Gowganda .. Dist. Timiskaming North of Toronto

Paul and Gert Trudel ptrudel at ontera.net
Sun Jan 8 22:11:24 EST 2012

Hi Everyone, thought I would update you on the finches  in the my area.
Pine Grosbeaks are everywhere ( 50+ at my feeders) but drive anywhere on our
roads and large flocks abound due to the sanded roadways. Common Redpolls
which now number over 100 at my feeders...are in HUGE numbers .There are a
few Evening Grosbeaks mixed in with them. I have NO pine siskins yet , NO
Goldfinches. A lone Purple Finch was  seen early Dec. I do not have
nuthatches yet either.

Of interest .... there is a Red- Bellied Woodpecker visiting a feeder in
Englehart, which is about 40 Kms. North of New Liskeard on Hwy 11 N. if you
are interested you can read the Posts about it on Mike Werner's website at
timbirds.inf/
One does not have to be a member to read the posts.

Happy New Year,
Gert Trudel,

ptrudel at ontera.net

Gowganda is about 7 hours North of Toronto via Hwy 11 North