[Ontbirds] Ottawa & east - Gray Partridge, Snowy Owl, Varied Thrush, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Barrow's Golddeneye

Tony Bigg tanddbigg at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 19 19:05:00 EST 2012

Starting on Concession 21 south-west of Ste Isadore, I had a covey of 9 Gray
Partridges fly across the road in front of my car (9:45 am). As I watched
them land in a grassy field a Snowy Owl flew by 200m behind them. There were
a number of small Snow Bunting flocks in the area but I could not find any
Lapland Longspurs. The Varied Thrush came into the feeder at 988 Calypso Rd,
Limoges at 11:45 am, fifteen minutes after I arrived. The Yellow-rumped
Warbler is still coming to the feeders in Navan (junction of Trim Rd and
Delson Dr) - only a 5 minute wait at 12:15 pm. Finally the Barrow's
Goldeneye is still behind the tennis club on the Rideau River (1:30 pm).

Tony Bigg