[Ontbirds] Northern Hawk Owl - Perth (NO)

willott123 at sympatico.ca willott123 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 22 12:05:08 EST 2012

Hi Ontbirders:

Did not see the Hawk Owl at the indicated location this morning.  I did see what appeared to be a redtail hawk at the noted intersection.  Drove around a bit and when I came back, the hawk had moved further into the field.  I may have just missed seeing the reported NHO as it could be hunting nearby or on a lower perch or hiding in the trees.

PS.  I saw a reference to the WeatherNetwork page where someone posted a photo of a Great Gray Owl on Manitoulin Island apparently photographed in January 2012.  In case you happen to be visiting.

W. Hum
www.PBase.com/golfpic