[Ontbirds] redpolls and crossbills - Scugog Twp.

Geoff Carpentier geoff.carpentier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:51:22 EST 2012

The somewhat localized movement of redpolls and crossbills continued today as several small flocks of Common Redpolls (max 40 birds in one flock), one Pine Siskin and 4 White-winged Crossbills flew over between 7:30 and 8:15 a.m. - all were heading from west to east but none stopped to feed at my feeders. A small number of Cedar Waxwings have just shown up as well in the last couple of days.

I live near Lakeridge Rd. and Reach St. just outside Uxbridge.

Geoff Carpentier
www.avocetnatureservices.com