[Ontbirds] COMMON LOON, WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS+more, Bayfront Park, Hamilton, February 15th

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 16:20:22 EST 2012

Ontbirders and Ontbirdettes,

I just got in from a birding romp with Jackson Hudecki.

>From Carol Point, below the Woodland Cemetery, we spotted a COMMON LOON in the harbour, and we also had a slew of WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS.All birds could also be viewed from Bayfront Park Proper, along the trail.Scope Required.

Interestingly there were hundreds of RUDDY DUCKS, and GADWALL in surprisingly high numbers here as well.

Best in birding,

Leonard Manning
Hamilton, ON.

Follow me on twitter @OntarioBirder

Bayfront Park is located along Hamilton Harbour. Take QEW to Burlington St E to the end. Left on James St N right on Strachan and then down the hill to parking lot.